M3 Rock Festival 2011 at Merriweather Post Pavilion

Forums

Forum Home > Suggestions > Less VIP tix

allisterfiend

I've been to every M3 so far and had VIP since it began, but I'm not getting them this year.  There are SO MANY VIP tix out there now that it ruins the experience.  I got VIP tix so that I could meet the bands I wanted to meet and get autographs on memorabilia.  The 1st time I did VIP, it was awesome.  Lines to get autographs were reasonable.  Last year, getting an autograph meant completely missing another band's set.  The lines are waaaaay too long. 

I'd rather pay a few more bucks for VIP (I might be in the minority here, but it's how I feel) and be part of a smaller group, so that I could meet the bands I want to meet AND see most of the concert. 

--

January 10, 2014 at 9:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

rwilcox12

I wish I got a VIP ticket last year, no matter the lineup.  Does it guarantee you autographs with certain bands (not all)?  Do they sign multiple items?  Can you bring in LPs with no problem?

January 12, 2014 at 1:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tibbs123

rwilcox12 at January 12, 2014 at 1:52 PM

I wish I got a VIP ticket last year, no matter the lineup.  Does it guarantee you autographs with certain bands (not all)?  Do they sign multiple items?  Can you bring in LPs with no problem?

@rwilcox12 in order, No, No and not sure. Only about Half the acts participate and you'll miss playing acts if you wait in the long lines and no guarantee they won't leave before your turn. It's a crap shoot.

January 12, 2014 at 3:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DoYouFoo

I've never purchased VIP tix for M3, but have considered it.  Even without VIP, some of the bands came out to the merchandise booth area and were signing stuff.  I got my picture with Lynch Mob and they signed their merch plus my M3 poster.

January 12, 2014 at 3:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Slinger07

I really liked the way they did the first M3 - they had a VIP PIT and it was awesome.  Nobody stays in the seats anyway..bring back the VIP PIT and lets all hang with the performers on stage.  That year it was in July, it was soooo F'n HOT that we were dieing on the VIP Deck..lol 

Who is going to visit the freak stage?

--

TICKETFLY = HELL

January 12, 2014 at 6:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tibbs123

Bump

January 13, 2014 at 9:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

NO1AEROFAN

Tibbs123 at January 12, 2014 at 3:09 PM

rwilcox12 at January 12, 2014 at 1:52 PM

@rwilcox12 in order, No, No and not sure. Only about Half the acts participate and you'll miss playing acts if you wait in the long lines and no guarantee they won't leave before your turn. It's a crap shoot.

Yes you can bring if LPS in to get signed.  I've been doing it for the past 4 years.

January 13, 2014 at 2:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

shadowdwpp

Slinger07 at January 12, 2014 at 6:55 PM

I really liked the way they did the first M3 - they had a VIP PIT and it was awesome.  Nobody stays in the seats anyway..bring back the VIP PIT and lets all hang with the performers on stage.  That year it was in July, it was soooo F'n HOT that we were dieing on the VIP Deck..lol 

Who is going to visit the freak stage?

this year's line up has alot of the first 2 years in it and the very first year was very sparse for ticket sales pavilion looked like it does when someone is playing the festival stage while it was full :)

--

6th year M3

January 14, 2014 at 3:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.