M3 Rock Festival 2011 at Merriweather Post Pavilion

Forums

Forum Home > 2014 M3 > Who's staying at the Courtyard in Columbia?

Dream Hunter

Stayed there last year and met super cool m3'ers off the forum ( you know who you are :) . Booked it again and anticipating another rockin' good time!!

--

"If you don't live it up you'll never live it down"

January 20, 2014 at 11:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Shan and Jill

Stayed there last year..great place especially for the price...needed a bigger room this year so hit the Residence Inn north of Merriweather...about the same distance..

January 21, 2014 at 9:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dream Hunter

We got a good deal at $95 a night which will free up money we would have blown at the Sheraton for Flynt's and John Stevens in Phil's Pt along with an extra 45 pack of Natty Boh and some extra party favors

--

January 30, 2014 at 8:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Shan and Jill

That is a good deal. We would have went back there but needed more room. The front desk people there are really nice. It doesn't always happen, but last year we were very nice and asked them if they could put us into a bigger room and they did (one of their suites) Again, no guarantee, but if it's available they might put you guys in. Most people don't ever think to do that, but sometimes it works.

January 31, 2014 at 2:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Shan and Jill

We ended up a getting a two bedroom suite for $149..which we kind of needed. We'll have plenty of beer as well..and some Jack to top it off. I actually brewed 10 gallons of beer at home for this show as well that we'll be bringing outside of the stuff we'll buy ahead of time. As we have told everyone you're more than welcome to partake. Party for everyone

January 31, 2014 at 3:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dream Hunter

That sounds like tons of fun.  Thanks for the tip on upgrading to a suite which I will definitely angle for since I have been a longtime Marriott Rewards member.  Speaking of Jack, we will also have some Absolut and Rumpelmintz (for fresh breath) to add to the mix.  Where are your seats?  We are at RC row J.

--

February 3, 2014 at 10:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Shan and Jill

We ended up grabbing center row RR seats 113-116...we wanted closer, but again the whole Ticketfly process is just messed up. Coming in on Thursday and we'll have plenty to drink. Debating hitting the Pre-Party show..all depends on how early we can get on the road. Didn't grab tix for that reason. Do you know if we can just show up at the door??

February 4, 2014 at 11:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

alburtis2005

Yo! Metal Maniacs! My son & I will be in town by Friday afternoon. Doing HH at Green Turtle within walking distance of hotel.

February 9, 2014 at 4:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

alburtis2005

Shan and Jill at January 31, 2014 at 3:09 PM

We ended up a getting a two bedroom suite for $149..which we kind of needed. We'll have plenty of beer as well..and some Jack to top it off. I actually brewed 10 gallons of beer at home for this show as well that we'll be bringing outside of the stuff we'll buy ahead of time. As we have told everyone you're more than welcome to partake. Party for everyone

Thanks! Looking forward to trying your brew. PARTY ON!

February 9, 2014 at 4:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cliff

Shan and Jill at February 4, 2014 at 11:20 PM

We ended up grabbing center row RR seats 113-116...we wanted closer, but again the whole Ticketfly process is just messed up. Coming in on Thursday and we'll have plenty to drink. Debating hitting the Pre-Party show..all depends on how early we can get on the road. Didn't grab tix for that reason. Do you know if we can just show up at the door??

This year Dave might have his best pre-party line up. If it does not sellout, yes you can get them at the door.  

February 10, 2014 at 1:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Shan and Jill

Thanks for the info Cliff. Would really like to go..but again have to make sure we all can get down there early enough

February 10, 2014 at 11:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Shan and Jill

alburtis2005 at February 9, 2014 at 4:51 PM

Shan and Jill at January 31, 2014 at 3:09 PM

Thanks! Looking forward to trying your brew. PARTY ON!

No problem...we'll def. be tailgating so stop on by ....haven't figured what my buddy wants to drive down there in yet (any yes a minivan may make an appearance..lol)...still will let you know ahead of time once we get close. We'll be bringing a ton of beer...but the two homebrews will be specific to M3...Hairspray-IPA and Acid Wash 'Weizen...once the labels have been designed...will post

February 10, 2014 at 11:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

I'm there. Anyone know if they have a shuttle?

--

www.shotglassriot.com

www.stevediasparra.com

April 2, 2014 at 12:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

shadowdwpp

damn I'm almost jealous I'm not staying there with all the homebrew. :)

--

6th year M3

April 2, 2014 at 12:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cherokee Ninja

No shuttle, gotta cab it. So factor the cab fare into your Revenue Requirements

April 2, 2014 at 1:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Shan and Jill

shadowdwpp at April 2, 2014 at 12:49 PM

April 2, 2014 at 3:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Shan and Jill

shadowdwpp at April 2, 2014 at 12:49 PM

Hey Shadow, no worries there. We'll be tailgating for both days and will have plenty of the M3 Brew ready to go. HairSpray IPA, Ass-id Wash Weizen and it looks like a case of 22oz Summer Brew I brewed about 2 months ago. Thought it all had been drunk , but missed a case so it will be coming with us (if I don't drink it before then). I will need to come up with a name to put on the label for that one. Just had some of the IPA after it had been nicely bottled 6 weeks ago and it's tasting nice! The Weizen was just bottled so it should be set to go by the time the show happens. If you happen to make your way by where we will be tailgating, I will be more than happy to throw some brews your way.

April 3, 2014 at 9:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dream Hunter

Cherokee Ninja at April 2, 2014 at 1:21 PM

No shuttle, gotta cab it. So factor the cab fare into your Revenue Requirements

Speaking of Revenue Requirements, I need to be extra sure I do not forget the extra party favors.

--

April 13, 2014 at 11:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Shan and Jill

You've got it Ego, many party favors will be in tow

April 14, 2014 at 11:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kixchic29

we stayed here every year but last year i was pissed when we went down to get in the hot tob and it was closed! thats why i book a hotel for the damn hot tub....i bitched to the front desk and got a free meal....whoa! no discount ....they didnt say it was shut down when we checked in. its a nice place but the damn hot tub better be open this year!

--

DON'T TELL ME NO! TELL ME YEAH YEAH YEAH!

April 17, 2014 at 10:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.