M3 Rock Festival 2011 at Merriweather Post Pavilion

Forums

Forum Home > 2014 M3 > So how did they do?

JJ

I thought for the most part the line up was great, would have liked to have seen L.A. Guns on the mainstage but the drew a hell of a crowd to the new festival stage. I thought the bands sounded great. other than the people in front of us bringing in people from lawn to share their seats and a drunkin couple fighting and making up then fighting again, i thought it was an amazing year. Oh, and the weather could have been a little better.

April 27, 2014 at 9:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mercedes

JJ - YOU had to be right by us in BBB.  That drunk couple was something!  Served him right for being an asshole during Bach.  Who in the hell puts their girlfriend/wife in a choke hold during the passion of music? 

Friday was fine with the row jumpers, but not so much on Saturday.  Luckily, it wasn't as bad in past years.  People seem to think they are entitled to be up front for their favorite band or hang out with friends who had better views.  I could have gone up a row for Night Ranger but I don't want to be that person. 

I loved the line-up and felt that M3 at least is listening to the fans and trying to do what is possible to create a better experience.  The tried something new with the festival stage, they had a better third party VIP experience, they did better with the overlapping, etc.  I think the only overlap was Heavens Edge and Keel. 

I hope M3 realizes when you bring the bands that people want to see, people will come.  If they really did sell more seats this year than the others, I hope their future aim isn't to go bigger in the headliners, raising prices.  No one, aside from a few situations, on their own sells more than 1000 tickets...most was less than that.  Despite this fact, M3 thrives.  Would love for them to dial back the VIP to 2010 levels for  price, but that won't happen.

Any issues I had were MPP issues.  Bathrooms were gross as always, and most security turned blind eyes. 

Overall, great weekend!

--

April 27, 2014 at 12:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Eddie Shifflet

Great show great lineup great weekend sorry to hear about the tragedy in the parking lot Friday night. Only problem I had was people trying to cut in line for the meet and greets. Stand in line like everyone else. 

April 27, 2014 at 4:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ladychater

What was the parking lot tragedy???  I just wanted to chime in to say that this year's festival was awesome and that I'm thrilled they've already decided to do it again next year.  I loved the lineup and think that they should continue in this vain of all bands of sort of middle level (most of these bands never really headlined big places) so that the day is consistently, solidly good instead of unknowns in the morning and one or two big acts later.  I have to say, from 1pm forward it was nothing but wall-to-wall bands that I wanted to see - and they really all brought their A games!!!  Well done, M3, well done.

April 27, 2014 at 11:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

T.A.

Friday was honestly the highlight for me. I thought both Winger and Extreme killed it. Nice to see the weather break for Saturday. I missed 13' on purpose because of the line up, but personally, I think the new festival stage location is a big improvement. I didn't see the VIP section there, but had no problem seeing everything I wanted. I thought M3 did a much better job at the gate also. Sebastian seemed to be more intent on proving a point than putting on a good show, and Nick Sterling was definitely missed imo. Good show all together, but for me, Saturday didn't really start till 3:30, so a little evening heavy with the bands. I was only 4 hours away, but for the two days, and all the associated costs, I was in about $1300 for me and my wife. This was my third year, but I'm not sure what bands are left for me at this point, to really justify that kind of dough. Thanks to M3 for improving areas that they could, and all on site personnel for a nice job. We'll see for 2015??

April 28, 2014 at 9:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Temptress

Every band was awesome and brought their A game!  This was my first time seeing Queensryche with Todd, and the dude killed it hitting those high notes and sounded exactly like Geoff (if not better).  I loved that they played a lot of their hits too!  Basically, they blew me away and were one of my favorites of the festival!  Also kudos to M3 for finally getting the Festival stage in the right location!  Great site lines with plenty of room!!  Can't wait for next year! 

--

FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK...WE SALUTE YOU  \,,/

April 28, 2014 at 10:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

PAZO2FAN

ladychater at April 27, 2014 at 11:54 PM

What was the parking lot tragedy???  I just wanted to chime in to say that this year's festival was awesome and that I'm thrilled they've already decided to do it again next year.  I loved the lineup and think that they should continue in this vain of all bands of sort of middle level (most of these bands never really headlined big places) so that the day is consistently, solidly good instead of unknowns in the morning and one or two big acts later.  I have to say, from 1pm forward it was nothing but wall-to-wall bands that I wanted to see - and they really all brought their A games!!!  Well done, M3, well done.

Someone was hit by a car and died in the parking lot. They aren't sure yet if the person was passed out laying on the ground and the driver didn't see him or not.
--

"I won't go messing up your scene

Don't go busting up my dream"

-"Ain't It Beautiful" by ZO2

April 28, 2014 at 12:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Eddie Shifflet at April 27, 2014 at 4:20 PM

Great show great lineup great weekend sorry to hear about the tragedy in the parking lot Friday night. Only problem I had was people trying to cut in line for the meet and greets. Stand in line like everyone else. 

What was the parking lot incident? I was parked near the flashing lights but i stayed away

--
April 28, 2014 at 12:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PAZO2FAN

ORT at April 28, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Eddie Shifflet at April 27, 2014 at 4:20 PM

What was the parking lot incident? I was parked near the flashing lights but i stayed away

See my poat above yours
--

"I won't go messing up your scene

Don't go busting up my dream"

-"Ain't It Beautiful" by ZO2

April 28, 2014 at 4:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob

This was my 4th M3 and I thought it was awesome, the best yet. Really good mix of bands with something for everyone. The sets worked well with plenty of time to make it back and forth between the 2 stages, and a great location for the festival stage. Can't wait for next year.

April 28, 2014 at 10:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResedaCC

Friday was amazing!  Saturday was damn good as well.  This line-up topped last years.  The sound on the second stage could've been a lot better, but the location was great.

--

Hard Rocking Trivia Show

** Hard Rock Trivia Podcast that focuses on 70's & 80's Hard Rock. 

http://www.spreaker.com/show/hard_rocking_trivia_show

April 29, 2014 at 12:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

80sGlamRocker

Aside from the brief periods of rain and the sound issues on the festival stage,it was another awesome show with a great lineup. All the bands were great and was great rocking out with close friends. This was my 5th M3 and I'm already looking forward to returning next year for M3 2015.

--

"To really feel the joy in life
You must suffer through the pain
When you surrender to the light
You can face the darkest days

If you open up your eyes
And you put your trust in love
On those cold and endless nights
You will never be alone

Passion glows within your heart
Like a furnace burning bright
Until you struggle through the dark
You'll never know that you're alive"

April 29, 2014 at 11:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

roundtrip

All of us in Streetlight Circus were in attendance this year and had an awesome time. We all loved the lineup and the hospitality of those who run the show. 

Personally, I'm a big fan of Keel and I know Ron wanted to redeem himself from their M3 performance a few years ago when he was sick as a dog and couldn't sing his best. It was great to see him at full strength on Saturday afternoon.

It was my first time seeing Todd with Queensryche and I was as blown away as the rest of you. he is a perfect fit. I was fortunate to get to talk to Parker, Michael Wilton and Todd a bit at the festival and all were in great spirits now that things between the two camps are settled. It bodes well for the future of the band.

Loved the Friday night lineup. Very cool to see Cherie Currie jam with Lita. Winger and Extreme are consummate pros and Kix does what they always do - give you a fun, kick ass rock and roll show. 

Night Ranger was one of the highlights for me too. The seemingly effortless playing of Gillis and Hoekstra is awesome to watch. Talk a bout a tight band. Loved them.

All in all, a great M3. You can't do anything about the weather so no use complaining. Already looking forward to the M3s to come. Hopefully we'll be back on one of those stages again sometime down the line.

Great job, M3! 

--

-Support independent hard rock. Check out STREETLIGHT CIRCUS at http://streetlightcircus.com and "like" us on our new Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Streetlight-Circus/169222649810159

April 29, 2014 at 3:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BozNation -

great time at M3 2014 -

FRI:

Bad Seed Rising - excellent

Winger - great set/sound/new material rocks - they still are incredible musicians and underrated

Lita - great set/thanks for the Runaways reunion!

Extreme - WOW!  Loud, crystal clear and fuckin rocked it out, haven't seen them since 1991.

Kix - great as usual - PLEASE BRING BACK GET IT WHILE ITS HOT, left set 2-3 yrs ago!

SAT:

Heavens Edge - solid

Keel - nice 30th anniversary set

Corabi - solid

Jack Russell - the REAL great while - PERIOD.

Femme Fatele - good stuff, Lorraine is a doll.

Stryper - biased - my fave of the festival - they are such great musicians AND people.

Autograph - good clean fun.

'Ryche - I am a GT fan - but Todd is fuckin awesome.

Jake E. Lee - just like MORC, a great set and pleasure to him rock again!

Bas - still a maniac - a little extra feisty - love the old songs.  how about Quicksand Jesus?

LA Guns - always a great show - seen them 10+x - impressed they battled rain.

Night Ranger - incredible musicianship - Joel is an underrated beast.

Slaughter - always fun - Mark compensates high notes w/high energy - Zoltan rules!

Tesla - solid, great and impressive (as always).

saw every band - cannot wait til next year - MORC and M3 2015!

cheers, all!

--

-BozNation

April 30, 2014 at 9:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

JJ

I don't know if anyone seen L.A. Guns instagram the other day, but they mentioned that they are coming back next year. So already they are off to a great start.

May 14, 2014 at 9:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Big Al

First year for me was 2012 and loved it.

Skipped last year because of weak lineup.

This year was the best yet for me.  The bands I knew would be good (Night Ranger, Tesla, Stryper, LA Guns, Kix, Extreme) were as good as always.  The bands who were wild cards (Jack Russell, RDC, Autograph, Winger and Queensrych) all exceeded my expectations.  Really enjoyed Heaven's Edge and Femme Fatale whom I had never seen before. Love the new Festival Stage location (although the sound mix can still use a little work). Can't wait 'til next year.

May 16, 2014 at 1:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

jahsan

Attended M3 back in 2011 just to see Joe Lynn Turner, Mr. Big and Whitesnake. 

2014 highlights for me were: Red Dragon Cartel, supporting a fellow Canadian buddy who sings for them.

Both him and I when hanging out for most of the day, immediately stopped what we were doing when Queensryche hit the stage.  Hats off to them moving forward with a new lead singer who sounded incredible. Looking forward to their next album.

Stuck around a little to check out Stryper, Sebastian Bach and a bit of Night Ranger.

Next year: Gotta get in The Killer Dwarfs, Helix, and Kickaxe 

May 21, 2014 at 11:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.