M3 Rock Festival 2011 at Merriweather Post Pavilion

Forums

Forum Home > 2014 M3 > Here it is folks, no surprises

metal80s

--

Rock Ain't Dead case ya don't know

January 5, 2015 at 6:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SparkyDR99

Not to be negative, but the 3 headliners (Europe, Keifer and Tate-lass Queensryche) all play BB KIngs here in NYC.  They have already proved that 3 CLUB acts can not equal a proper shed headliner.  I'm going, but this will not sell well.  :/

January 5, 2015 at 7:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Agreed! This line up cannot touch the 2014 M3.

January 5, 2015 at 9:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jane McDaniel

Extremely happy with the lineup but can't believe that Krokus is billed after Queensryche and Tom Kiefer!!  Really?  Time to get psyched for the ever troublesome task of acquiring good seats from Ticketfly.

--

January 5, 2015 at 9:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ramzilla

Jane McDaniel at January 5, 2015 at 9:51 AM

Extremely happy with the lineup but can't believe that Krokus is billed after Queensryche and Tom Kiefer!!  Really?  Time to get psyched for the ever troublesome task of acquiring good seats from Ticketfly.

Jane, you hit the nail on the head regarding Ticketfly.  Between the bots that grab up all of the good seats and getting kicked off their site after landing tickets I already am dreading this Friday morning.

January 5, 2015 at 12:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jay

I'd prefer krokus as the headliner, but I saw them 10 years ago in the states (b.b. kings like the poster above mentioned), and they played in front of 30 people. I think it'll sell perfectly fine.  Every year there's some disappointed people and a lot of happy people.  But it always manages to sell ok. 

January 5, 2015 at 1:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

percy

I'm pretty happy with the line up. KROKUS, Y&T, LA GUNS, RHINO BUCKET, BLACK N' BLUE, and the KILLER DWARFS should all be higher up the list...I haven't seen the Killer Dwarfs in years...they ROCK live!!! Any idea when tickets go on sale?

January 5, 2015 at 1:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jay

SparkyDR99 at January 5, 2015 at 7:44 AM

Not to be negative, but the 3 headliners (Europe, Keifer and Tate-lass Queensryche) all play BB KIngs here in NYC.  They have already proved that 3 CLUB acts can not equal a proper shed headliner.  I'm going, but this will not sell well.  :/

I disagree.  If anything they've proven the exact opposite.  With the exception of the Scorpions, every headliner and band they've had so far plays clubs or at most a small theater.  That's just how it is

January 5, 2015 at 3:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

matt

Jay at January 5, 2015 at 3:51 PM

SparkyDR99 at January 5, 2015 at 7:44 AM

I disagree.  If anything they've proven the exact opposite.  With the exception of the Scorpions, every headliner and band they've had so far plays clubs or at most a small theater.  That's just how it is

whitesnake plays sheds too. i think its weird europe is the headliner but several years they wouldn't even be top 3 in albums sold in the usa. i can name 6 acts right now who have played M3, not headlined and outsold europe here

--

January 5, 2015 at 5:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jay

Yeah whitesnake plays sheds.  If they're opening for Judas Priest.  You can argue who outsold who and whatnot, but they all play clubs. 

January 5, 2015 at 6:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Neon 88

I like how he's billed as Cinderella's Tom Keifer.  His solo album is good, but how many people are going to know stuff from it?

January 5, 2015 at 6:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Neon 88

And what the hell is the point of the video vixens???  Or Eddie Trunk for that matter.  I love his radio shows and That Metal Show, and I know he heavily promotes these events.  But why do we need someone to come onstage and tell us which band is next and how great they are.  If I didn't know that already, I wouldn't be there.

January 5, 2015 at 6:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

matt

Jay at January 5, 2015 at 6:00 PM

Yeah whitesnake plays sheds.  If they're opening for Judas Priest.  You can argue who outsold who and whatnot, but they all play clubs. 

tru but my point was this:

albums sales in the usa:

cinderella- 8 million

tesla- 7 million

ratt- 10 million

great white- 4 million

whitesnake- 12 million

night ranger- 4 million

europe- 5 million

twisted sister- 6 million

queensryche-  7 million

so europe is headlining with the same sales figures as great white and night ranger . so far twisted sister was the lowest selling final act until europe not counting solo acts who are part of a big band like bach and bret michaels. queensryche has outsold europe and are playing before them

--

January 6, 2015 at 6:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jay

I can't argue with you there.  I'm not making an argument that Europe should be the headliner.  Personally I've never really listened to them.  Although I like the stuff I've checked out on youtube.  But I think album sales can be deceiving.  If you look at that list, Ratt was one of the top sellers, but on past tours they did in the last several years, they didn't draw as well as the other bands.  But either way I think it's good that they keep it fresh instead of having a band that's already played headline.  I'm not saying I'll like Europe better than the other's on that list, but I'm looking forward to checking out a band I haven't seen before 

January 6, 2015 at 1:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

matt

europe has some great songs though. not dogging them as a band just think its weird they are headlining.

--

January 6, 2015 at 11:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.